The 2018 Elevator Pitch Competition is a video submission competition that challenges VEI students to make a convincing and engaging “Elevator Pitch” to an Angel Investor in 60 seconds or less.
How to Submit
- Go to https://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/2018-National-Elevator-Pitch-Competition or click on Details under the competition if you are on the Competitions Main Page (http://competitions.veinternational.org/).
- Make sure you are registered for a student account and are logged in.
- Click on the "Compete in this competition" button at the bottom of the 2018 National Elevator Pitch Competition page (https://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/2018-National-Elevator-Pitch-Competition).
- Click in the middle of the gray box that pops up to find your video file.
- Upload the video file.
Record a 30-60 second video of a VEI student delivering an elevator pitch for your business. Videos should capture one (max. two) students delivering the pitch to the camera. The pitch should be delivered in a single, unedited take. Videos should not be edited together or produced with effects. This doesn’t mean it needs to be filmed on the first take, but there should be no postproduction done to the pitch (i.e. don’t edit two halves of different takes together). Avoid reading from scripts or cue cards. Please be sure to record the video in a reasonably quiet environment to make it easier for the judges to hear and understand. Avoid recording outdoors or in loud hallways.
Each element will be rated from 1 to 5 stars. A score of five is outstanding and a score of one needs significant improvement.
- Compelling - How well does the pitch entice you or draw you in?
- Informative - How well does the pitch deliver all of the details you are looking for? Details may include: the problem that it solves, target market, business model, current needs, etc.
- Next Steps - As an investor how likely would you be to take next steps with this company?
- Delivery - Rate the quality and professionalism of the student's delivery. Elements to consider include appropriate attire, eye contact, voice projection, and poise.
- Overall Comment - What could have made this pitch better? How can the pitch be improved?
- Motivates others to act
- Demonstrates well-rounded perspective and unique style
- Demonstrates intrapreneurship
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Understands general business dynamics