For the Video Commercial Competition, students will produce a 30 to 60 second video commercial that effectively promotes their VEI business, product(s), and/or service(s). Videos will be judged based on content, how compelling the commercial is, and production quality. Submissions must be appropriate for a school-related event, must be original student work, and must not violate copyright laws or plagiarize existing work.
How to Submit
- Go to http://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/51 or click on Details under the competition if you are on the Competitions Main Page (http://competitions.veinternational.org/).
- Make sure you are registered for a student account and are logged in.
- Click on the "Compete in this competition" button at the bottom of the 2017 National Elevator Pitch Competition page (http://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/51).
- Click in the middle of the gray box that pops up to find your video file.
- Upload the video file.
- Video commercials must be between 30 to 60 seconds.
- Content must be appropriate for a school-related event
- Commercials must be original student work and must not violate copyright laws or plagiarize existing work; example, use of the Nike brand or logo without Nike’s permission.
- One entry per firm
Each element will be rated from 1 to 5 stars. A score of five is outstanding and a score of one needs significant improvement.
- Content - How well is the story or message communicated in the video? Are the product and/or service offering(s) clearly and/or appropriately presented? How well are the company’s branding elements (company name, logos, colors, slogan, etc.) featured in the commercial?
- Compelling - How well did this commercial evoke interest or capture your attention? If you were in the target market, would you be motivated to buy the product(s)/service(s) based on this commercial?
- Production Quality - How well were the production elements executed such as audio/video quality, editing, and use of multimedia (graphics, titles)?
Career Readiness Framework Alignment
- Motivates others to act
- Demonstrates well-rounded perspective and unique style
- Communicates effectively
- Solves problems creatively
- Embraces diversity
- Demonstrates industry/function-specific skills
- Core Technology
- Department/function-specific technology