Firms will demonstrate their company branding through the submission of a branding package that includes the company logo, fonts, color palette and associated applications such as: company letterhead, business cards, envelopes, cover pages, sales materials, or other similar company documents. An effective brand will be memorable, versatile, relevant to the company’s business, and consistently applied across all elements. A versatile logo is one that will look good when applied in different applications, such as brochures, websites, or promotional pens.
Submission Period: 10/15/2018 - 10/31/2018
Judging Period: 11/1/2018 - 11/21/2018
How to Submit
- Go to https://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/2018-National-Company-Branding-Competition or click on Details under the competition if you are on the Competitions Main Page (http://competitions.veinternational.org/).
- Make sure you are registered for a student account and are logged in.
- Click on the "Compete in this competition" button at the bottom of the 2018 Company Branding Competition page (https://competitions.veinternational.org/competition/2018-National-Company-Branding-Competition).
- Click in the middle of the gray box that pops up to find your file.
- Upload the file.
Submission Criteria Prepare a single PDF document with the following elements:
- Page 1: Logo, color palette, fonts
- Page 2: Company letterhead and one-paragraph company description
- Page 3: Business card (front & back, if applicable)
- Pages 4-6 (optional): Up to three applications of the company branding. Elements may include a cover page template, envelope, sales materials, product packaging, or other similar elements.
Each element will be rated from 1 to 5 stars. A score of five is outstanding and a score of one needs significant improvement.
- First Impressions - What is your first reaction to the branding elements presented?
- Logo, Fonts, and Color Palette - How would you rate the quality of the logo, font choices, and color palette?
- Consistency across elements - Does the brand identity extend consistently across each element? Do the various elements come together to make a cohesive whole?
- Relevance to the business - Do the logo and branding elements seem to be relevant to the business or industry?
- Demonstrates well-rounded perspective and unique style
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates effective project management
- Solves problems creatively
- Demonstrates industry/function-specific skill